Friday, 13 February 2015

Resist me not!

This card is for my best friend Sue who is very ill with cancer. I wanted something different for her as my cards are usually very simple....a sentiment perhaps and a stamp, that's it. I'm not a fussy person nor do I have the artistic talents of mixed media, die-cuts and flowers, inky techniques etc. I gained my inspiration from the MFP Stamp blog challenge this week. I don't normally 'do' challenges and I don't normally blog. So here are my challenges on my blog......please don't bother asking!

The technique requires a resist, i.e. clear embossing powder, on patterned paper and then sponging on colour to bring out the image. Easier said than done as I only have about 3 MFP stamps and limited patterned papers and inks! Nevertheless, after much ripping and chucking I came up with something passable which I think our Sue will like. In fact, she is so sweet natured she would say she liked it even if she didn't.  The sentiment, is obviously a clear sticker, which isn't meant to be obvious as it is a clear sticker..... So  rather than try to hide it I highlighted it with the same ink which is Memento lulu lavender -what a fun name!

My last bit of gibberish to express my gratitude and thanks to Coco of http://scrapcocofolies.canalblog.com/ fame who kindly chose my card as one of the winners on the Crafty Individual's challenge, (see post below).
 Thank you also to CI for my prize which I will showcase on this 'I don't blog' blog! :O)
Have a super weekend!
Anne
 

 

9 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. LOve the butterfly. Didn't spot the sentiment was a sticker. Love how you highlighted with the ink. Congrats on your win over at CI. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your visit to my blog and leaving such a thoughtful comment! Your card is so elegant, soft and beautiful - exactly what your friend needs for what she's going through right now. Receiving this card is surely going to uplift her! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at the MFP/SFF challenge.
    kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anne, this is very strange as I didn't receive any notification for this new blog post... :( What a lovely surprise! :D So I'm going to subscribe to your blog also via Bloglovin, two ways is always better when we want to get the information without any delay!! :)
    Your card is very beautiful... Just so classy and elegant, made with your heart for your friend, and surely treasured in return. The embossed butterfly is wonderful. All my thoughts for her... Bisous mon amie Coco xxx (and thank you for the new 'gibberish' new word haha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne

    This is a beautiful spiritual card so serene ............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow sis this is just simply superb and totally worthy of such an award, well done dear sweet friend, so pleased... Love all details, well done!!!
    Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so lovely. I like pink, my favorite color, and your butterfly looks so elegant. I am sorry about your friend being ill. She will love this card.

    ReplyDelete