Thursday, 12 March 2015

Bokeh Bunny

Crafty Individuals have a lovely themed challenge  this month called 'the animal world'.  I've got my bunny stamp and I wanted to have a go at 'bokeh', that wonderful photography effect one gets with a fast lens and shallow depth of field. It derives from the Japanese word for 'blur',  apparently....

I used two CI stamps, my crowned bunny and the bird and flower elements from 'Country Days'.  My oriental branch is from Onxy Impressions.












 I swished on some ink from a couple of Brilliance pads, which give a super shimmery look, dappled with darker green dye and white pigment inks. There is a sparkle of glitter on the flowers and background but these do not show up in the photos. Coloured with pencils, glitter for the crown and voila! My very first bokeh attempt! It was fun! Do have a go if you haven't tried this technique! Thanks for looking!


Anne

12 comments:

  1. This is lovely, a technique I've not come across before, I will have to explore bokeh x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely peaceful and springlike image. Bunny works well with the branch stamp. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge this month. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely scene Anne! Great idea the Bokeh stamping!
    Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge.
    Bises,
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you combined your stamps to create that charming scene. The Bokeh background is lovely and works well with the images. I need to try Bokeh for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah so very beautiful dear sweet sis wonderful share, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little scene again Anne!!! :D Great bokeh effect indeed for your background, I have to try this one day.. Especially love the little bouquet at the feets of the bunny, and the lovely branch is a super idea. Cleverly and beautifully done mon amie! (but again, I didn't receive any notification of a new blog post, don't know why?..). Gros bisous et bonne chance, Coco

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a very pretty card !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have used my favourite bunny stamp and made a lively scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful background with the bokeh technique, made a lovely card.

    I have two backgrounds on my desk where I tried the bokeh technique...Now I haven't figured out just yet...what else to do with them...smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep meaning to try the Bokeh technique, but still haven't gotten to it. Your card is just wonderful! I love the Brilliance inks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, I love the Bokeh technique and your fabulous bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is full of light and sweetness, love it! Fabulous backgroud with the bokeh technique! I must try this, thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete