Saturday, 14 May 2016

Un Merle Noir

She has made a nest in our honeysuckle right by our front door. Our lives are becoming dominated by our wish  not to disturb her as she lays her pretty blue eggs, of which there are three ... so far. So is a female blackbird 'une Merle Noire' and do French blackbirds eat their escargots with garlic butter?
















I have not been able to make cards for a while, life has it's tests and trials but when I do get a chance to play, I promise I will share at least one of my ink splats! Our garden is coming along nicely, well, the weeds and grass are growing the fastest but there are promises bursting throughout.

On a final say about God's wonderful creation, two of our over-wintered swallowtail butterflies hatched a couple of weeks ago! Seeing these amazing creatures form into a chrysalis and then gently break out as a butterfly; watching them pump up their wings, dry them off and zip up their proboscis then fly away is still breath taking, no matter how often I see it. 
 

We have a long weekend here in France and my friend is visiting from England on Monday! I have taken Thursday off and we are going to have a girls day out .. YAY!
Enjoy your weekend, whatever you are doing!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there dear sweet sis,
    How very pretty are those gorgeous eggs funny that you are goin into spring and we're in Autumn.
    Oh that butterfly is sooo gorgeous thanks for sharing the story of how it emerges from the chrysalis so skilfully and well, sounds enthralling. God's creation truly is breathtaking.
    Enjoy your girls day out, sounds sooo luffly!! So glad.
    Thanks so much for sharing,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed Shaz, the complex system which turns caterpillar into butterfly is incredible. I strongly recommend the DVD 'Metamorphosis' from Illustra Media which goes into this more thoroughly. Mrs blackbird lays her eggs one each day up to 5 in a clutch. She then broods them for two weeks and Mr.B finally does his bit in feeding her. Until now he is on a boys week away.... When her eggs hatch the chicks will all be about the same size.I am happy to keep on posting photos here of her family if there is interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky you, seeing new life is incredible isn't it. We have lots of birds at the back of the house but no idea where they lay their eggs. They are really pretty those blue egs. And I love the butterfly, bet Daniel was really thrilled to hold it. Enjoy your time with your friend and have a great week end.. gros bisous, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Anne, what a very beautiful post, with so lovely pics!!!
    Thank you for sharing these photos with us my friend, I absolutely love this little "merle noir" and the eggs are wonderful, I didn't know they were blue!!! Never seen anything similar before :-) and the butterfly also is SO beautiful...
    The nature is so generous. Why the time is flying on so quickly that we can hardly enjoy it, sadly?... I love my Garden too, I miss it some days, but really can't be everywhere.
    Well, I hope you have had a WONDERFUL 'girls day' just for you today!!! :D :-)
    Sending you big hugs Anne! Gros bisous xxx

    ReplyDelete