Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year for 2017 one and all!
I would like to start this New Year by showing you how to make a simple, cheap stamp positioner similar to the 'Misti'. There are plenty of ideas on the internet but I chose to make mine using a €4.50 frame from Ikea called the 'Hemmingsbo', Further instructions can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLYK0XWqZZw
This magnetic opening A4 frame is all ready to use as your positioner. Tape the strut on the back of the frame to the base to prevent it from opening, peel off the protective layer on the acrylic front and voila! You are ready to go! I upgraded mine by taking off the 4 plastic tabs inside, doubling them up and re-attaching them to the inside of the front frame to make opening easier. An A4 magnetic sheet taped inside provides a base on which to use a couple of neodymium magnets to hold down your project. I happened to have a few  overhead projector sheets, so I printed a grid on them, one for the base and the other for the top to provide guidelines to position my stamps. You could always use a thicker A4 acrylic sheet in place of the thin one provided if you wish but the original works just fine.  You can also make a mini positioner using a CD case and some 'fun foam' as a base.  Simply take off the tabs and cut away the end of the base to provide a flat surface. This home-make is very handy for using with sentiments and small stamps.
2016 was a strange year for our family, a real mix of emotions and events which included three bereavements, health issues, school problems and other personal challenges. A year in which I learned a few things about myself and life in general. You can look at the negatives of a year or you can look at how God has provided, taught and blessed you. As the Apostle Paul said in Philippians 3 vs 13-14: But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
May you be richly blessed this year and come to faith in Christ Jesus who died for your sins so that you may be at peace with God.



4 comments:

  1. Ah dear sweet Anne, am so glad you've a misti. I still use my blocks a fair bit but just use misti when it's larger or tricky stamp.

    Wonderful though isn't it to walk, hand in hand with our Lord God through another year. Today is my spiritual birthday, I'm 51years old in Lord, 51 years since I put my test in the Lord Jesus as Saviour and Friend when a child. I'm so grateful to my Lord.
    May the Lord richly bless you and your dear ones into 2017, till He comes.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coco has left a new comment on your post "Happy New Year!":

    Hi Anne!
    So glad you find the way to create your own misti, how very clever!!!!
    I'm always in awe in front of your tips to use at the best your materials and stamps without too much wasting money... That's the best, of course.
    Please, if you come to visit me (soon maybe, I'm going to send you a little mail for that to see if we can arrange to see us!), take with you this "misti" to show me how you do! I could suggest your way in my classes, to the ladies interested in having a "misti" :)
    I wish you the VERY BEST for 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gros bisous, Coco xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thnak you dear Anne, 😁 for popping over to my DT post and commenting too, you make my day dear sweet sis. God is very good, love you too.
    Shaz.xx ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your blog. You are so much smarter than I am. I thought of trying to make a fake Misti, but gave up before I started because I am not that smart. Glad you now have one and that your beautiful cards will be easier to make.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete