Wednesday, 15 February 2017

WOYWW #402

Today is What’s On Your Workdesk  over at Julia’s! This is my desk for today. Yes, I did stop just to take this photograph so that I can prove to you that I  make a mess! Not a creative mess, and nothing to inspire but nevertheless a mess. P1080685 I am in the process of cataloguing my stamps, using poster tape for all the P1080680unmounted ones. However it won’t adhere if there is any old adhesive on the back of the stamp. Hairdryer to the rescue! Heat will ‘melt’ adhesive on the back of stamps and easily removes stamps from their mounts . I store my stamps in 217 cellophane pockets which are normally used to store pressed flowers in, (about A6 in size). Each pocket has the stamp  image printed on  card so that I can see what it is, along with any information. The stamp is placed on acetate within the pocket. If you are looking for sturdier pockets, then try these A6 plastic ones from custom cards Ltd. Stephanie from Clearly Besotted Stamps uses themimg212. 
I  made a Valentine’s card for hubby using a digital image from Gracielle Designs.  It is coloured with pencils ,  and covered with wink of stella shimmer. The Eiffel Tower really is bronze coloured and not dark grey as many people believe it to be!
Last Friday marked the first anniversary when my dearest friend, Sue, went to be with the Lord. She was a wonderful, bubbly, caring and kind hearted Christian lady. I miss her lots but I know that I will meet her again. Sue kept all the cards I  made for her and bequeathed them to the card making group at her church which she founded in her final months on Earth.  Her thoughts were that they could use elements or the card fronts to make new cards for others. I was very touched when she asked for my permission to do this. One of her favourite cards was this oriental screen which she kept on her mantelpiece.
I  showcase it in memory of her.02_07_6
Thank you all for your lovely comments last week and for your encouragement, so much appreciated! It is the school holidays so I may not be able to comment on as many blogs this week but I still  wish you all a very happy WOYWW! Open-mouthed smile 
Blessings  Red heart
http___signatures.mylivesignature.com_54494_40_3FD93DE569622AE00EA54FCDF78C282810644857_1097142217082009_1779356717978881611_n
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.   John 3: 16

26 comments:

  1. Super valentine's card and lovely memories of your friend. BJ#1

    ReplyDelete
  2. your desk looks creative, but I can't say it's a mess... guess it's all relative! one person's mess etc. have a great day. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards and I think my favourite is the oriental screen. I can see why she kept it and made sure it was passed on. have a lovely week.
    sandra de @8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful memories of a great friend. That was a beautiful card, so is the Valentine - I like the French link! And your desk is pretty good, actually - semi-messy, I would say!!
    Hugs, LLJ 14 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting mine already today. I love your makes and happy memories of your friend.
    Hope you have a fab week.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #15

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card you've made with Gracie's images dear sis, superb indeed. Great way to,store your stamps very organised.
    I remember the oriental frame card you made for Sue, it was really beautful too, just like she was.
    Enjoy the hols with your family!
    Not WOYWWing this week, too flat atrap myself.
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your desk is so nice and tidy but there is evidence of work and the card you made with the Eiffel Tower is gorgeous.
    You are welcome to come and stamp with me anytime but please give warning so I can make room for us. LOL
    Hugs, Neet 12 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your stamp storage idea. Mine are stored in A4 plastic boxes according to subject or manufacturer except for my Clarity stamps which are all on thick acetate sheets kept in storage binders. Lovely valentine's card too. Happy WOYWW Sarah #25

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anne, what a lovely story. Beautiful cards too. Stamp storage seems to take up so much time- organising and reorganising! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5 XxXxX

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Valentine's card you made for your husband is very pretty. I was also touched by the story of your friend in Heaven. Happy WOYWW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is hard when those days arrive to remind us of our loss, if you need new friendship I am happy to meet up at the McDos at the north Loudeac roundabout junction where you take the Rennes turn off - I think it is about half way for both of us we can bring a bit of crafting
    and sit and have a coffee - if you want company. dx #24

    ReplyDelete
  12. Desk looks tidy compared to mine lol. I can't seem to get it spotless though there is space to work as I can't stand not having a little room. Kind of like my house lol. Sounds like a lot of work sorting all those stamps. I have to organise mine but, as you might have guessed, I'm not all that good at organisation.

    Happy WOYWW
    Sharon K #38

    ReplyDelete
  13. love yoyr quote, don't wish that on some days wish that on all days :-) happy WOYWW, Vicky #22

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate to contradict you - but, mess? I don't think so! Looks neater than when my desk is neat! Thanks for sharing what you are doing with your unmounteds. I make all my own pouches with extra-thick page protectors, worked a charm on my border stamps! So if you come across stamps that just don't fit in the pouches you have, you can make your own! Thanks for sharing, Lindart #40

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice looking desk - and I don't see the mess! Oh, the card your friend had on her mantle is beautiful. Such a lovely remembrance of her and your friendship.

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs, Kay (41)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your desk is positively tidy compared to mine. Love the oriental screen card so different.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card with the Eiffel Tower! And a nice way to remember your friend, showcasing that lovely card. I think it's so wonderful that your card elements will be used again - what a thoughtful thing for her to do!

    WOYWW#50 Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely thoughts about your dear friend - I am sure those beautiful cards would have been much loved and may now live again for another purpose.x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great post my dear Anne.
    Lovely to read that you did not forget your dear friend... How could we forget such best friends, or the ones we loved?? So sad to be separated, even if we know that we will see us again one day, I'm sure too.
    And ooh I recognise this awesome card so beautiful you made for her (just pinned it on my 'Scenic stamping' board on Pinterest btw, it's really a WONDERFUL one!!!)
    And thank you also for your ideas to store your stamps!!! :D
    These A6 pockets you recommand look great... Do you think that they could be available in France ?...
    Otherwise, you will be surprised to learn that I do almost like you for many of my stamps teehee, I use acetate and clear pockets to store them.. An idea of my dearest friend Sandra, also in the heaven aside your own friend Sue. Gros bisous, Corinne xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. J'ai oublié de te dire combien la carte pour ton hubby était belle !!! :D
    Gros bisous!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I realise that a mess is a relative thing but I can't imagine what you will think of mine Lol! Have a great weekend and happy belated woyww, Angela x 17

    ReplyDelete
  22. That card is stunning! Thanks for your comment earlier in the week and sorry I am SO late in getting round to commenting . soojay 21 xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely tidy space you have. I store my stamps in a binder with them stamped on paper so easy to flip and see them :)
    thanks for the visit and the sweet comments for my kitty hugs Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  24. The screen card is beautiful. I'm not surprised it was one of her favourites. Sorry it's taken me so long to return your visit. A busy Half Term week. Hope you're surviving it. Half way there now.

    Fiona #9

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like you've got your work cut out sorting out all your stamps! I'm sorry you miss your friend, but you are right, you will see her again. Maybe you'll dream her first. It was kind of her to bequeath her cards. Thanks for sharing - EmbroidRage #6 x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Anne, thanks so much for visiting last week! Sorry I couldn't visit you earlier, but here I am now! Loving both of those cards and what a wonderful reminder of your departed friend. Take care, zsuzsa #23

    ReplyDelete